Student Spotlight: Samantha Echols


For this week's Student Spotlight, we're interviewing Samantha Echols, a member of the Executive Class of 2020 and Lead Physical Therapist at St. David’s Surgical Hospital!


How did you hear of the TU HCAD Executive Program?
My rehab director – Crystal Milan. She has been the biggest influence for me to go back to school.

What has been your favorite part of the program so far?
For our first semester, I would have to say being on-campus to interact with classmates and the professors.

How do you see the graduate degree benefiting your career advancement?
I plan to switch gears from clinical to more professional.  My goal is to ultimately become a COO within the next 5 years.  This degree would allow me the education needed to understand the business aspect of that career.

What does “being a leader in healthcare” mean to you?
Means making an impact by creating new and improved ways to provide health-care to not just an individual patient but to whole communities, populations and even the world.  I want to be an executive so that I may lead whatever health-care organization I am employed by be on the forefront of innovation, prevention and education to all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali

ACHE Congress? We've Bean There!