Student Spotlight: Isabella Harrison

This week's Student Spotlight features Isabella Harrison, a member of the Class of 2021! We're so excited to have her in the program and without further ado, here's her interview!

Undergraduate University: Oral Roberts University

Undergrad Major: International Business, minors in Biology and Theology

What made you interested in healthcare administration?
           
I have always loved science and being able to care for people, but after multiple medical missions trips and many talks with doctors, I realized I did not want to be a physician. My junior year of college, I had the opportunity to lead a medical missions trip to the Dominican Republic. I was a business major and led a group of pre-medical and pre-nursing students and discovered I loved being able to coordinate and plan strategies to help us be most effective in providing medical care to the Dominican people. I didn’t fully recognize my interest in this field until this past year when I was living abroad as a baker in Ireland. I realized that as much as I loved caring for people via baking, I missed being able to use intellect and strategy to provide tangible and practical care. During this time I realized that healthcare administration would unite my love for caring for people with my love for biology, leadership, and business all into one career.

What made you decide to apply to Trinity?

            I chose to apply to Trinity because I knew it was a premier program with an outstanding reputation for the quality of student it produced—both personally and professionally. For me, there was no other school I considered in applying for healthcare administration. It was Trinity or bust for healthcare administration, and it turned out to be Trinity. 

What are you most looking forward to in the program?

            I am most looking forward to developing friendships and relationships with classmates, professors, and alum as I work to learn and absorb as much information and insight as possible in order to best be able to serve and care for people in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali

ACHE Congress? We've Bean There!