Student Spotlight: Ian Crawford

This week we're excited to be interviewing Ian Crawford, a member of the Class of 2021! We're so lucky to have him in the program and without further ado, here's his interview!

Undergraduate University: The University of Texas at San Antonio

Undergrad Major: Bachelor of Business Administration in Management

What made you interested in healthcare administration? 
Coming out of high school, I had no direction and no real idea of what I wanted to do. After taking a gap year between high school and my undergrad, I started attending UTSA and pursuing a business degree. At the same time, I was working full time. During my gap year I had gotten a retail job at Walgreens, which eventually turned into an opportunity to move into the pharmacy. What started as simply a promotion and pay increase, turned into an exceptional learning experience that first introduced me to the healthcare industry. Never before had I ever thought I would want to go into healthcare. That being said, for me healthcare administration was a perfect combination; it integrated my natural inclination for business with my love and passion for healthcare.

What made you decide to apply to Trinity? 
Around my junior year of undergrad, after solidifying my goals to pursue healthcare administration, it became apparent it would be most beneficial for me to continue my education and obtain a graduate level degree. Being frequently involved in the South Texas Chapter of ACHE (American College of Healthcare Executives), I met numerous professionals in the field. Time after time, I was consistently told that Trinity’s program was one of the best. Alumni were extremely successful, and had nothing but amazing things to say about the program. I also spoke to a professor at UTSA who was heavily involved in healthcare management research. After speaking with him about my goals and aspirations, the first program recommendation that left his mouth was Trinity’s program.

What are you most looking forward to in the program? 
Honestly, this is such a hard question because I’m really enjoying everything right now. I’m actually able to study what I love. But aside from classes alone, I’m really looking forward to furthering the relationships within the cohort. I can already tell we’re becoming a big family. I’m also looking forward to some of the case competitions and visiting Chicago for ACHE Congress in the Spring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali

ACHE Congress? We've Bean There!