Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali

For this week's Student Spotlight we're interviewing Ashraf Ali, a member of the Class of 2021. We're so lucky to have him in the program and look forward to learning more about him!

Undergraduate University: Auburn University 

Undergrad Major: Health Services Administration

What made you interested in healthcare administration?

I became interested in healthcare at a relatively early age. I was raised in southeast Michigan and it
became clear to me that the socioeconomic status of our community coupled with the state’s
educational inequality had a detrimental effect on the overall health status of individuals within the
community. Our community was also very ethnically diverse, and I believe that cultural boundaries
imposed further challenges for individuals to receive the care they needed. Later, I fell in love with
business management and found that healthcare administration as a career path was a perfect
combination that would allow me to have a greater reach on serving communities

What made you decide to apply to Trinity?

A former professor of mine recommended I should consider applying to Trinity’s HCAD program.
I was looking for a program that was accredited, had a residency, and a strong alumni network.
Trinity checked all the boxes. When I reached out to alumni, they were very helpful and had nothing
but great things to say about the program and faculty.

What are you most looking forward to in the program?

The case competitions and residency will be exciting but, overall, I’m looking forward to
progressing through the program with my classmates and fostering those relationships. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

Getting "Lean" at the Toyota Manufacturing Facility!