Student Spotlight: Justin Glenney

Today in our Student Spotlight series, we're going to be learning about Justin Glenney, a member of the Class of 2020!

We are so lucky to have Justin in our program because he is a hard worker, is always down to help his classmates and makes everyone feel at ease. We could all use a friend like Justin in our lives and without further ado, here's his interview!



Undergraduate University: Texas A&M University

Undergrad Major: Economics

What made you interested in healthcare administration?
I am interested in healthcare administration because administrators are tasked with the unique and dynamic opportunity to navigate the processes and resources involved with improving the human condition and helping to allocate efficient and effective care to those who are seeking it in an ethical manner.  For me, healthcare administration was a huge interest because it is a merger of my two loves which are a team-oriented, challenging environment and caring for others, whether that be fellow administrators, staff members, physicians, patients, my family, or my friends.

What made you decide to apply to Trinity?
I became attracted to Trinity and the HCAD program at Trinity because of its established track record of providing healthcare leaders the tools they need to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.  I also was attracted to Trinity because of class size, a high staff-to-student ratio, and the university’s emphasis on the value of the individual.  Lastly, I was fortunate enough to have the advice of family members who have experience with Trinity University.

What has been your favorite part of the program?
My favorite part of the program is how engaged and participative all of our professors are in our learning, leadership and growth journey.  They consistently set high expectations and provide valuable advice often.

What part of the program are you the most excited about?
I am very excited to travel to ACHE Congress in Chicago with my class to hear from healthcare administrators who have an established track record in the field, and I am also excited to meet other students there as well.  I am excited to continually build relationships with my fellow classmates as we grow in our leadership and learning abilities. 

If you could give any advice to yourself right before you started the program, what would it be?
Don’t be intimidated.  Everyone around you including yourself earned their spot in the class and the professors aren’t there to scare you.  The other students and professors want to get to know you and to see you grow both personally and professionally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali

Student Spotlight: Taylor Miears