Student Spotlight: Katie Fiedler


Today we have a special edition of our Student Spotlight series! 

We interviewed Katie Fiedler, a second year student and the recipient of the 2018 Texas Business Hall of Fame Scholarship. Below is her interview which offers her insight into what the experience was like and what the award means to her.  Congrats Katie!

What did it mean to you to win the scholarship?
Winning the Scholarship was such an honor. Additionally, my scholarship was donated by Mr. and Mrs. Doug Hawthorne, and Mr. Hawthorne created Texas Health Resources, considering this is where I’ll be starting my administrative residency in January, it made winning this extra special! 

What was the experience like? 
After writing an initial application letter, I was selected by the faculty to move to the interview round. At the interview I spoke with two former Texas Business Hall of Fame Scholars who were inserted in learning about my entrepreneurship experience and my dedication to business in Texas. I found out a few months later that I had won, and then received the award at the annual scholarship luncheon and was honored along with the rest of the scholars at the Texas Business Hall of Fame induction dinner that evening. 


What was your favorite part of the experience?
I had the opportunity to meet the 2018 Texas Business Hall of Fame legends which was very interesting, as well as to meet the other scholars and learn about their backgrounds and experiences. 


What does being a leader in healthcare mean to you?
To me, being a leader in healthcare means empowering people to create an environment where the highest quality of care is delivered in a safe and convenient way for all people who seek care. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali

Student Spotlight: Taylor Miears