Student Spotlight: Tanner Holt

For our Student Spotlight this week, we're interviewing Tanner Holt, a member of the Class of 2020. We're so lucky to have Tanner in the program and without further ado, here's his interview!

Undergraduate University: Brigham Young University-Idaho

Undergrad Major: Healthcare Administration

What made you interested in healthcare administration?

I was always interested in doing something in healthcare.  Initially, I thought I wanted to become a dentist because my dad is a dentist.  I quickly scratched that idea after begrudgingly pushing myself through multiple biology classes and labs.  However, I was still interested in healthcare and had recently developed a small interest in business.  Naturally, healthcare administration was a fit.  I loved the idea of having the opportunity to affect and improve patient outcomes through the business side of healthcare.

What made you decide to apply to Trinity?

I applied to Trinity for multiple reasons.  A few of them include the strong HCAD alumni network, the small tight-knit family feel, and the wonderful one year residency opportunity.  I ultimately felt that Trinity would be the best option to set me up for success throughout my career.

What has been your favorite part of the program?

Taking home the first place prize of the Pecha Kucha competition.  It is undoubtedly the pride and joy of my professional resume.

What part of the program are you the most excited about?

The speakers and site visits that we are privileged to have each Friday.  I am always blown away with the amazing healthcare leaders that we get to hear from on a weekly basis.  I love hearing the stories from our speakers on their journeys in healthcare and real life experiences they have dealt with as executives.  I am also very excited for ACHE Congress in Chicago in March.

If you could give any advice to yourself right before you started the program, what would it be?

My advice would be to try and not worry about what organization or what city you’ll be in for residency and beyond.  Focus and soak in the great opportunities we have to learn and grow each day and everything else will take care of itself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

ACHE Congress? We've Bean There!

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali