Student Spotlight: Rachel Sloan

For this week's Student Spotlight, we're interviewing Rachel Sloan! Rachel is the PR Chair for the HCAD Class of 2020 but more importantly she's genuine and caring. Rachel is the friend you want to call on a bad day because you know she'll make you feel better.

We're so lucky to have her in the program and without further ado, here's her interview!

Undergraduate University: Texas A&M University        

Undergrad Major: Business with minors in Public Health and Communications

What made you interested in healthcare administration?
I've always been interested in healthcare. Throughout my time in college, I explored different educational opportunities to find where I would best fit in the field of health care. I soon discovered the field of health care administration through my health and business courses. To gain more experience and knowledge in the field, I started an administrative internship at a skilled nursing facility. Through this internship, I had the opportunity to get tangible experience, receive counsel from professionals, and learn to use my administrative strengths for the betterment of others. The opportunities I was exposed to during the time at my internship truly solidified my decision to pursue healthcare administration.

What made you decide to apply to Trinity?
I spoke with a current student in the program before I applied who was so helpful and she was able to provide me with a greater insight into the program. Ultimately, the year-long residency, Friday site visits/guest speakers, and the Trinity HCAD alumni network pushed me to apply to the program.

What has been your favorite part of the program?
The family atmosphere! I have developed great friendships with my peers and love the community we have built so far. Coming from a big university, the opportunity to build relationships with faculty members is new to me. The faculty here really wants to get to know the students and are committed to our success. I like that I can pop into any of their offices, at any time, to talk about academics or life.

What part of the program are you the most excited about?
I am really excited to participate in the Cleveland Clinic Case Competition with my classmates, I think it will be a fun weekend spent brainstorming and preparing a case. I am also looking forward to traveling to Chicago for the ACHE Congress.

If you could give any advice to yourself right before you started the program, what would it be?
Be confident in your abilities and it is okay to not know everything. Also, invest in comfy business heels!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

ACHE Congress? We've Bean There!

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali