Student Spotlight: McKenzie Quinn

As part of our Student Spotlight series, today we're going to be learning more about McKenzie Quinn!




McKenzie is a second-year student in our on-campus graduate program.  As she looks forward to her fast-approaching departure to Dallas at the end of the year to begin her administrative residency in the spring, we know we will miss her genuine, kind, friendly, funny and generally wonderful presence around the Department.  Without further ado, here's McKenzie's interview!

Undergrad University: Trinity University

Undergrad Major: Biology

Residency Location: PricewaterhouseCoopers

How did you get interested in healthcare?

My Dad is an Air Force physician and I had an inpatient experience as a child that sparked my interest. I pursued medical school as an undergraduate and shadowed in University’s Level I trauma department (shown in the picture), which I loved. During this experience though, I realized that my interests were more administrative than clinical and I wanted to serve both patients and clinicians.

What made you choose Trinity’s MHA program?
I loved my time at Trinity as an undergraduate and was familiar with Trinity’s HCAD program. I chose Trinity for the small class sizes, personalized experience, residency opportunity, and extensive alumni network.

What has been your favorite part of the program?

The incredible relationships I’ve been able to form with classmates and professors. I have also loved the subjects taught and the emphasis on experiential learning, from case competitions to capstone projects.

What are you most excited for in your residency?

I am looking forward to strengthening my analytical skills and trying to add value (look I’m using consulting phrases already!) to exciting projects that push the envelope for healthcare organizations.

If you could once piece of advice to yourself a year ago, what would it be?
Be yourself! I know this is cliché but you will spend soooo much time with these classmates and professors that they will figure out who you are soon enough so you might as well be comfortable earlier!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali

ACHE Congress? We've Bean There!