Student Spotlight: Brody Chipman


Today in our Student Spotlight series, we're going to be learning about Brody Chipman, a member of the Class of 2020.

Brody is a constant source of positive energy and can find the bright side in every situation. He was recently voted "Most Charismatic" by the class for his Pecha Kucha presentation; we are so lucky to have him in the program and without further ado, here's his interview!



Undergraduate University: Brigham Young University

Undergrad Major: Public Health

What made you interested in healthcare administration?
I applied for and got an internship at a hospital as a patient experience intern during my undergraduate study. During this internship I had wonderful mentors and other peers that gave me projects to see if healthcare administration is something I would be interested in. I loved the work that I was able to do in that internship and I learned quickly that I liked working in teams and having the common goal of enhancing patient care.

What made you decide to apply to Trinity?
I had a friend that got his MHA from Trinity and after knowing that I wanted to get an MHA I spoke with him about his experience at Trinity. I knew after hearing how great the classes and faculty were that I wanted to apply. I was also able to see what the program had done for him in his healthcare career and that it had added a lot of value. After doing more research on the program I was also really impressed with their residency program.

What has been your favorite part of the program?
My favorite part of the program so far is the Friday site visits. We have the opportunity to go to the health systems in the greater San Antonio Area and see the facilities and ask questions. We also get to meet and hear from leaders in the facilities.

What part of the program are you the most excited about?
I am most excited for the residency part of the program. I think it will be a great opportunity to learn by doing. It will give me the chance to apply things that I have been learning in a real life setting.

If you could give any advice to yourself right before you started the program, what would it be?
Don’t worry about not being an expert in healthcare. Everyone comes into the program at all different levels and there is no need to compare at the start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali

ACHE Congress? We've Bean There!