Student Spotlight: Taylor Miears


We’re excited to introduce a new series of interviews with current students that we’re calling the “Student Spotlight,” and to kick off our Student Spotlight series, we are learning more about Taylor Miears!


Taylor is President of the Class of 2020, but more importantly, she's a wonderful friend.  To give a quick example: we’ve all been in that awkward situation where you're telling a story to a group, but no one is listening, and you don't know whether to stop talking or repeat yourself.  Well, Taylor is the friend who listens so you don't end up feeling lonely in a group.  We're so lucky to have her in the program, and without further ado, here's Taylor's interview!

Undergraduate University: University of North Texas

Undergrad Major: Finance

What made you interested in healthcare administration?

I knew I wanted to commit myself to an industry that gave back to the community. I wanted to feel passionate about my career and knew the healthcare industry was my calling. After discovering that I was not fond of science, but had a love for business, finance, and leadership, I knew my role in health care would be as a support for the individuals that care for patients.

What made you decide to apply to Trinity?

I was fortunate to work for Texas Health before beginning this program and had wonderful mentors that spoke with me about the Trinity HCAD program. I was able to get connected to many Trinity Alum who spoke highly of the curriculum and culture of the program. I knew I had so much more to learn in health care and truly felt this was the place for me.

What has been your favorite part of the program?

My favorite part of the program has been getting to know my classmates. By the second week of school, we felt like a family. Being able to have a group of friends that have the same passion for health care is amazing.

What part of the program are you the most excited about?

So much!! I’m really excited to begin working on Case Competitions. The second year students shared how much they learned through these. I’m eager to attend ACHE Congress in Chicago and meet other students and executives. And (of course) I’m looking forward to Preceptors’ Conference and our residency so that I can begin giving back to this industry and the organizations that serve it.

If you could give any advice to yourself right before you started the program, what would it be?
The advice I would give to myself would be, take a vacation right before. The program is so full of valuable projects and meetings, but that also means you will be busy. It’s important to take time for yourself before you hit the ground running. Also – you will always need more business clothes!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali

ACHE Congress? We've Bean There!