Student Spotlight: Kristen Fallas

Our Student Spotlight series is back! We're starting off 2019 strong by interviewing Kristen Fallas, a member of the Class of 2020.  We're so glad to have her in the program and without further ado, here's her interview!

Undergraduate University: The University of Texas at Austin

Undergrad Major: Human Development and Family Sciences

What made you interested in healthcare administration?

I have always had a passion for healthcare, but during my time as an undergraduate student I realized my passion for business as well. Healthcare administration allows me to have a meaningful career where I can combine these two passions. Another thing that I really like about healthcare administration is the dynamic nature of the field. Administrators are tasked with finding innovative solutions which is something I find really exciting.

What made you decide to apply to Trinity?

After researching many MHA programs, the year-long residency made Trinity stand out from other schools. I really like that this unique learning experience is built into the program. I also spoke with healthcare administrators who told me how well Trinity students are prepared once they enter the workforce.  

What has been your favorite part of the program?

I really enjoy how the professors are interested in your professional development. They really are there to help you and are invested in your learning.

What part of the program are you the most excited about?

I’m really excited to attend the ACHE conference in Chicago with my classmates. This will be a great opportunity for us to learn from experienced administrators while having fun.

If you could give any advice to yourself right before you started the program, what would it be?

Ask questions, it’s okay to not know everything. Also, make sure you have plenty of business clothes!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACHE Congress? We've Bean There!

Annual Women's Forum

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali