Thankful

Thanksgiving has come once again, and as many do, we celebrate this time of the year by pausing to reflect upon that for which we are thankful.  We wanted to share the sentiments of some members of our HCAD family who found the following reasons to give thanks this year.

From Dr. Jay Shah, first-year student in the Executive Program:
The idea of Thanksgiving should not be restricted to one continent or to one day; with each passing day we all should be thankful for what we have had so far.  I am grateful to HCAD faculty for their availability to accommodate our busy schedules to answer our questions. I am grateful to HCAD staff for keeping us informed on our schedules and activities. I am grateful to our fellow students who are helpful to increase my knowledge in health care administration because of their diverse background. Thank you to every one who has become part of my new Trinity family.

From Shirly Ho, first-year student in the On-Campus Program and 2016 Pecha Kucha winner:
I am thankful for our strong alumni base. They have not only represented Trinity University well but are also making a big impact as leaders in the healthcare industry. Despite their busy schedules, they have graciously given their time to students through conference calls, site visits, and presentations. They are amazing role models to look up to as we start our healthcare journey.

From Dr. Jody Rogers, faculty member:
I'm thankful for the opportunity to teach at Trinity and to work with such wonderful staff, colleagues, and students.

From Camille Fagan, first-year student in the On-Campus Program and HCAD Herald contributor:
I am thankful for Kate Ragan and Erika Seewald. I am thankful for professors' dad jokes in the mornings and Trinity's Nacho Hour on Wednesday afternoons. I am thankful for accommodating professors and supportive alumni. I am thankful for breakfast tacos before class and for projects that broaden my capabilities and deepen my understanding of healthcare.

From Dr. Amer Kaissi, faculty member and Director of the Executive Program:
I am thankful for working with wonderful staff like Sharon, Erika and Kate. They take care of all the administrative tasks for us and allow us to focus on our teaching and research. And they help create a great work environment in the office.

From Hanna Batory, first-year student in the On-Campus Program and class vice-president:
I am thankful for the new family I have joined.  Every individual in my class is someone I hope to have a long lasting friendship with!

From Dr. Ed Schumacher, faculty member and Department Chair:
I am thankful for the Trinity Family.  When I think about how much I have grown since coming to Trinity in 2002, it is in large part because of the way the faculty, staff, and students have stretched me as a teacher, leader and friend. It is a true privilege to get to work alongside faculty and staff who are so committed to their students and to get to teach students who are driven to use their talents to improve the communities they are in.  There are bigger, more well known, and higher ranked programs than ours, but I love that we have a true family where we all accept, encourage and push each other to do more than we thought we could on our own.

From Sarah Batres, Administrative Resident at Texas Health Resources (and soon-to-be graduate):
As a part of the HCAD family, I am so thankful for the incredible healthcare leaders I have had the opportunity to surround myself with and to learn from every day. Some of the greatest leaders in our industry started in this program, and it is humbling to know that I am a part of a program that helps to develop such profound leaders. It is a privilege to learn from the alumni who preceded me and also from the alumni who will come after me. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this great program!

From Bryan Day, first-year student in the Executive Program:
I am thankful to be a part of the Trinity HCAD family; for the alumni that have gone before me and paved the way to providing the highest quality service, for the professors who tirelessly prepare, teach and encourage the next wave of healthcare administrators, and for the relationships with all of the students and graduates who are working to improve our world one patient at a time.

From Dr. Patrick Shay, faculty member:
You see how many times the "Trinity HCAD family" has been referenced, and it's certainly true from my perspective.  I am thankful for the blessing to see every day the ways in which the Trinity HCAD family is making a difference in people's lives.  Whether through the lives of students who are growing and developing in incredible ways, or through the lives of faculty and staff who are continuously encouraged and inspired by our students and alumni while working to contribute to our future knowledge and understanding about health care, or through our incredible alumni who make a difference daily in the lives of health care professionals as well as the patients and communities they serve, the impact that I see of the Trinity HCAD family is truly remarkable, and I am humbled and thankful to be a part of this family.

Comments

  1. Hey,
    Thanks for sharing such an amazing and informative post. Really enjoyed reading it. :)

    Apu

    Health Plan Administration

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Women's Forum

Student Spotlight: Ashraf Ali

ACHE Congress? We've Bean There!